Week Eight: Reading March


AI-AP | DART » Upcoming Exhibition: The Art of MARCH

This week I am focusing on reading March. This is a trilogy autobiography comics, but I only had time to read the book one.

As an international student, it tells a story that I am no that familiar with, but it is a good chance to learn the history from it. Since it is an autobiography comic based on John Lewis' personal experience, I believe what is told in the story is true.

One of the great parts of this book is the style of the narration. I found the artist is really good at using a small and specific subject matter then extend it to a wide and deep thing. For example, the narration about young Jonh Lewis at the farm with chickens extended to his early life philosophy.  It really attracts readers because we learn the character better and it feels like characters are living around us.

About the story itself, I personally like reading someone's experience because it really happened in the past. What more important is reading the personal story always gives me the power of moving forward.

Comments