This week I read Little Nemo created by Winsor McCay. The reason that I choose it to read is Winsor McCay was the first generation of animators, I am really curious about how he develops stories as an animator.
Little Nemo is a comic strip that starts in 1905 and ends in 1927. It basically depicts the dreams of Nemo and ends with him waking up.
Personally, the dreams don't attract me that much, but ways that how he wakes up interest me. People who are familiar with Little Nemo know that Nemo's dream will be interrupted by his awakening. Sometimes he falls down to the ground, sometimes he sits on the bed with certain emotions, and sometimes his parents wake him up. It is really funny to see how Winsor McCay ends the dream. I wonder if I were a kid who lived in that period, I would be really excited to see what is going to happen in the last panel. The dreams are different, they have their own independent starts and story developments, but the ending is always the same, so it is fun to see different reactions from it.
Besides that, Nemo's dreams make me recall my childhood time. It is very often for a kid to have dreams like that. When I was young, I had exactly the same experience with Nemo (but not every day). I dreamt a lot, sometimes it was a fantasy dream, sometimes it was a nightmare, but I did enjoy all of them because that means I am being creative. Now I had more stable sleeping but somehow I wish I could go back to that time.

Comments
Post a Comment